Friday, May 25, 2007

Internship Experience or B'lore Experience as I must say!!!

Here I am; after hibernation period of end sems & settling in Banglaore. In this blog I am going to take you with all my experience of internship.

To start with, lets go back to end of endsems. My last paper was that of Operating Systems ( the only concept remains is I WOULD LIKE YOU ALL REFER TO BOOK BY BRYANT !! ). May be some implicit relation between AM & BRYANT. Recalling about that exam, I attempted it in one single blow, didn't gave too much thought;( I now guess thats the reason for B+ : courtesy Mohneet).
Well, leaving that crap (where it should be), my parents also called on me that night. Well, I was in mood of celebrating end of 3rd year with my friends. So, I took dinner with my parents & returned to hostel.

That night..............

I have to go Delhi to catch my flight for Bangalore from there (PB & BISH accompanying me). Jan Shatabdi was at 7:30 a.m. Pb & I had a little talk about plans to be carried out in Bangalore. PB also told me about his friend, who according to him could provide us with each & everything we want in B'lore.

I thought of it being a cool journey; but I forgot about the continuous down pouring at Delhi. All three of us had to sit consecutively but finally we were dispersed. I was able to fit myself at the seat aside of sliding door. The lady beside me had so much luggage that she was on window seat & wall of baggages in middle seat. Problem came when
her partner came to occupy that seat . I then had to meddle into ( as a responsible youth) juggling their baggages below seats. (damn these oldies...) .
Somehow, our journey was over & Delhi's scorching heat had already made us dull. We put our luggages in cloak room & then went to have glimpse of Delhi. Sight seeing of birds was kind of cool! Mine & PB's frequency matched while BISH was lost somewhere. We searched for Spiderman 3 in CP, but show was over. Went over to REGAL & PVR Rivolity. But REGAL was too regal to cast SP3 & in PVR, PB's laptop spoiled our plan.
So, we had to roam in Palika Bazar, I dont know whats special about that place.(I dont know whats special about that place; sellers & buyers both know that the high prices are subsequently slashed down). I was tired of walking on the streets; we had lunch at McDonalds & then returned to station to claim our luggage. There we had South Indian dishes (as in Sambhar Vada ) because some hasn’t nullified his appetite. We finally agreed to go to airport & enjoy the cool atmosphere there.
It was going to be my life's first experience on a plane. I was much excited. We took an auto from Station outer & we were the reason for a brawl between two brokers ( it was totally arousing, with a tinge of Delhish accent). Though excitement was not that high as I thought it would be; I slept in the auto & warm air continuously waking me up! Finally we arrived at airport; ahhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

What a relief to eyes; it were making the highest throughput they ever made( same with PB & BISH). We waited for sometime to get entry; . After going into airport we took the seats & then waited to board the plane( 2hrs. later). PB told to go into the deccan boarding room & had a seat there. So we missed global fairness; just Deccan & Spicejet.

We were hungry; BISH went to grab a sandwich at confectionery shop there Narulas. A pack of cheese sandwich containging 2 costed per person Rs 63. ( God, why is it so costly). I finished mine somehow.
I was charging my mobile at the charger point; a policeman was doing the same. He said “Narula se ho…”; I couldn’t understand so I said ‘yes’( as usual....) . After sometime I noticed that the waiters at Narulas were wearing red tshirts & so was I. Quite embarresed.

My mobile screen went off ( i should have brought my Ericcson Walkman series). Someone said it wasn’t charging, people came to see & giving their judgement so I took it off. We stood in the queue as most of the passengers were to occupy the window seat. BISH was foremost in the queue; we lagged behind. Finally, we boarded the plane & occupied the 3 consecutive window seats. I was quite amazed to have a look of Delhi when the place took off. Acceleration during takeoff was my favorite part of flying. After that I slept; frequent free falls were also experienced.

We landed at Bangalore & PB was trying to call Takkar sir; he got him & asked about his address. The van which we hired took Rs. 400; first Bam! inBangalore

Next day for Induction Programme we have to go to Hotel Ashoka Deluxe; but the venue was changed as we came to know when we reached there. We had to move to Hotel Windsor Manor( erstwhile known as Windsor Castle). That hotel (or castle which I should say) is the best which I have seen in my life till now. Its royal look, receptions, bars, dining rooms etc. were appearing of some other country not of India. I was overwhelmed & wanted to have a look of whole layout; but all persons concerning with IBM were to go to one of its Hall.

I asked the manager there to make a call to my home, he told me the rates would be high. He enquired from the operator; the rates were Rs. 105 per minute. A blot from blue…………… recalled its Bangalore & that too Windsor Manor……”

There we met Ramchandra, a guy who came from US might be from George Mellon University. He was doing his MS there. He was a cool guy & he opted this intern because he wants to be with his parents in India.

After this our search for Paying Guest begun…………. & that’s continuing till now.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Ankit said...

Nice experience man!!
Njoy..

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.